About Louisa Jane
I am Louisa Jane – a single working mother of two gorgeous cherubs, living in the stunning Blue Mountains of NSW Australia.
I count myself very blessed each and every day because I can be present for my children – able to drop my daughter to school and pick her up, able to take my son with me to work and watch him play (and destroy!) whilst I get on with what needs doing.
Despite some seriously challenging times, I decided some time ago that I was going to create a life that allowed me to be present for my children and to provide for us passively for years to come.
I am starting to live that life now…!
Something you should know about me is that I am no stranger to seriously hard times…
You see I had lost everything in my twenties – my home, business, most of my friends, my health and my first child. Life hit rock bottom and I could barely get back up after it. I was very sick for months and struggled to even get out of bed. I was financially ruined. My health was so bad I was on a molotov cocktail of uppers and downers just to function. I drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney and hated myself.
Oh – and I looked like crap!
After that, what I had envisaged as my redemption and chance to right past wrongs turned out to be more like a new worst nightmare.
I fell in love with an enigmatic, handsome and volatile man, had a miracle baby (told I was barron for 10 years – apparently they got THAT one wrong!) and proceeded to try to make a go of my very new marriage.
After walking out on that same very traumatic and emotionally devastating marriage some years ago at 11 weeks pregnant, I then had to start over. Again.
Not long after that I nearly lost my business. Again.
In the midst of all of this, I gave birth to my son – an attempted home birth with a hospital transfer – where no one but my midwife was present. No family, no partner, nobody. Just me and an excruciating 18 hour long violent posterior labour. Yeouch!
I remember clutching the side of the birthing pool in the midst of yet another round of tripled contractions which pushed me to convulsions, sobbing and begging The Universe:
“I’ve had enough – please! I’ve had enough!”
I didn’t mean the labour. I meant life.
I had really had enough of life. It was just too damned hard.
Fast forward some years later and life is smiling on me… or maybe I am smiling at it.
One way or the other, life is pretty golden these days and although there are still challenges to be faced, I am fearless in the face of them.
That is so empowering and is why I am here writing this to you now!
Having lost everything – not only once, almost twice – very little in life scares me. Its so great to feel like there is nothing I can not handle! That is the single most empowered place a woman can stand.
My mission in life is to help all women stand in that place of fearless grace within themselves – in the face of any and all adversity.
My journey has been hell and yet so amazing –
- I have learned to live on nothing – well below the poverty line – and live well.
- I have learned to build a business from nothing and bring another business back from the brink of ruin.
- I have learned to save, budget and pay cash for what I want.
- I have learned to control my impulses and to thrift shop like a BOSS! Seriously – I am really good at it and I’ll show you how to rock it too! 😉
- I have learned to hone my instincts so much so that I am surrounded only with the most loving, well intentioned and amazing people now.
- I have learned (and am still learning!) to parent with wisdom, patience and sometimes a little tough love.
- I have learned to live without relying on chemicals and to have a totally non-toxic lifestyle
- I have learned to take control of my health and to become well; not just not sick but REALLY well – healthy, vibrant, balanced and strong both physically and emotionally
My reason for tellling you any of this is not to impress you but to impress upon you that no matter what you’re facing – no matter how hard times have been for you – it really CAN get better, and it will.
Stick with me – we’ll work through it together!
Love and light,